CRAWFORD COUNTY, IND – The 2022 Universal Scholarship Application process opened on November 1, 2021, and concludes on December 17, 2021. Crawford County graduating seniors are encouraged to apply, along with Harrison County and Orange County students for two of the scholarships listed on this application, and previous graduates for one. The application can be downloaded from the home page of the CFCC website (www.cf-cc.org) under Recent Announcements, or on the Scholarship Page.
The blinded (identifying information is blacked out prior to committee review) applications will be reviewed and evaluated by a scholarship subcommittee of the Community Foundation of Crawford County (CFCC) Board of Directors. The committee is made up of community volunteers with various backgrounds and from different areas who maintain an interest in Crawford County. Scholarship applications are evaluated based upon the requirements and preferences set up by the donor of the scholarship fund.
The Community Foundation of Crawford County is offering 29 different scholarship opportunities, with four of those scholarships being renewable, and a couple that awards more than one scholarship. There are many different, and many similar, requirements for each application. Most require the pursuit of a bachelorette degree, but some do not; some are for a specific college or university or area of study. Requirements and preferences are noted in a brief description following each scholarship’s name on the form with the largest point value, of each preference listed first, as assigned by the donor. This listed order was a new component on the application last year, which was intended to help students consider each section of submission and to apply for those scholarships that they feel most qualified to pursue. Applicants are advised to review each requirement and preference closely and to apply for as many as possible. Scholarships available include:
- Carly Marie Birkla Memorial Scholarship
- Carr Family Memorial Scholarship
- CFCC Marengo High School Alumni Association Scholarship
- Crawford County Chamber of Commerce Scholarship
- Crawford/Harrison Bar Association Scholarship
- Donald E. and A. Aledia Sloan Scholarship
- Dr. Herbert E. Smith Scholarship
- Dr. Milton W. Roggenkamp & Mrs. Ruth I. Roggenkamp Scholarship
- Eddie Hammond & Robert Hammond, Everett Mason VFW Post 6160 Scholarship
- Elsia Patricia Cox Memorial Scholarship
- English High School Alumni Association Scholarship
- First Savings Bank Crawford County/IUS Scholarship
- Hillview Christian Church Scholarship
- Howard and Julia King Endowment Scholarship
- Kaiser Family Scholarship Fund
- Larry K. Eastridge Memorial Scholarship
- Leavenworth High School Alumni Association Scholarship
- McIntosh Family Teaching Scholarship
- Metzger Family Agricultural Scholarship
- Milltown High School Alumni Association Scholarship (Previous graduates from Crawford and Harrison County are eligible.)
- Milltown United Methodist Church Scholarship
- Novy E. & Lula J. Gobbel Scholarship
- Norman A. Roggenkamp Memorial Scholarship
- Patoka Elementary Alumni Association Scholarship
- Philip Bird Memorial Scholarship
- Phillip E. Brown & Mary Louise Brown Scholarship Endowment
- Shawn Allen Howe Memorial Scholarship
- Sheri Adams Zilke IU Memorial Scholarship
- Zachary Robert Allen Baseball Memorial Scholarship
If you would like to contribute to the Funds that make these scholarships and other grant opportunities available, or if you would like to establish a Fund that makes awards to organizations, please contact Christine Harbeson, executive director.
The CFCC was founded in April 1998 by a volunteer Board of Directors that represented a variety of interests from Crawford County. To date, the CFCC has awarded more than $8 million in grants for programs/projects supporting Crawford County children and youth, education, housing, health, and human services, the environment, technology advancements, literacy, and the arts, and has awarded more than $2 million in scholarships benefiting Crawford County students. The CFCC currently manages more than 90 charitable endowment funds on behalf of families, individuals, corporations, and non-profit organizations.
For more information on the Community Foundation of Crawford County, visit www.cf-cc.org or Facebook.com/CFCC4ever, email us at email@example.com, or call us at 812.365.2900.