MARENGO, IND – The Community Foundation of Crawford County (CFCC) is pleased to offer charitable nonprofit organizations serving Crawford County the opportunity to apply for community grant funding. This competitive grant cycle’s community grants range from areas of general-purpose to areas of education that will ultimately benefit all of Crawford County.
The CFCC plans to award more than $100,000 for various projects/programs, which is 40%, or $40,000 more grant dollars than awarded just 3 years ago. The CFCC thanks the many donors who have made contributions to make this possible.
These programs/projects include, but are not limited to such ideas as: equipment or supplies needed to deliver services, special certification, conference or workshop expenses for program implementation or delivery; out-of-school time education; new or expanding programs, staff or volunteer training, specific programs run by nonprofits or those that could have some COVID-19 connection, and the Arts. All 501(c)(3) organizations whose grant purpose serves Crawford County residents are encouraged to apply. If area nonprofits are uncertain if their project or program is eligible, call the CFCC at 812.365.2900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are available on the CFCC website at www.CF-CC.org or the CFCC will email one to interested parties. This grant cycle opened on October 11, 2021. Applications are due in the CFCC office by December 3, 2021.
To assist you with ideas of the kinds of Competitive Grants that CFCC awards, the following list demonstrates those awarded in 2020/2021:
· Boys & Girls Club of Harrison-Crawford Counties to support the Crawford County BGC daycare site
· Crawford County Chamber of Commerce to support the small business and citizen training series
· Crawford County Community Park to support youth STEM programs
· Crawford County High School to support the weight room improvement plan
· Crawford County United Ministries to support the food pantry and assistance program
· Crawford County Solid Waste Management to support tire recycling days
· East Crawford Elementary School to support virtual enrichment
· Giving Recovery a Chance Everyday (GRACE House) to support the Network for Good fundraising software
· Harrison County Lifelong Learning to support high school equivalency test vouchers for Crawford County residents
· Peacock Children’s Theatre to support general funding and program expansion
· Lifespring Health Systems to support eye movement desensitization and reprocessing training
· Lincoln Hills Development Corporation to support retired senior volunteer programs and disaster preparation
· Lincoln Hills United Methodist Church Food Pantry to support Sox Box/food bank manager software
· Milltown Police Department to support the unmanned aircraft system (UAS) program
· Personal Counseling Service to support mental health improvement for Crawford County residents
· South Crawford Elementary School to support the STEAM (music/arts) program
· Southern Indiana Communitcations to support obtaining 501(c)(3) status
· Southwestern Indiana Child Advocacy Center Coalition (SWICACC) to support new facility remodel
· YMCA of Harrison County to support the SPLASH program for Crawford County students
If you would like to contribute to the Funds that make these kinds of grants available, or if you would like to establish a Fund that makes awards to specific organizations, please contact Christine Harbeson, executive director.
The CFCC was founded in April 1998 by a volunteer Board of Directors that represented a variety of interests from Crawford County. To date, the CFCC has awarded more than $8 million in grants for programs/projects supporting Crawford County children and youth, education, housing, health and human services, the environment, technology advancements, literacy and the arts, and has awarded more than $2 million in scholarships benefiting Crawford County students. The CFCC currently manages more than 80 charitable endowment funds on behalf of families, individuals, corporations and non-profit organizations, many of which fund a specific cause or organization.
For more information on the Community Foundation of Crawford County, visit www.cf-cc.org or Facebook.com/CFCC4ever, email us at email@example.com, or call us at 812.365.2900.