*COUNTY HIGHWAY SUPERINTENDENT
Crawford County Commissioners are seeking qualified applicants for the Crawford County Highway Superintendent position. Employment applications are available at the Crawford County Highway Department located at 717 E. State Rd 64, English, IN 47118. Applications must be turned into the Highway Department office by 3:00pm on December 9, 2022.
Position: County Highway Superintendent
Work Schedule: 7:00am- 3:30pm (Monday-Friday) * On call 24/7 for emergencies.*
Job Summary & Qualifications: Duties of the Superintendent of County Highway Employees:
- Maintaining and repair of equipment, highways, roads, bridges, and culverts inclode fixed the load limites theron.
- Filing of monthly and annual reports with the Board of Commissioners.
- On call status 24/7 for emergencies, must have the ability to respond in a timely manner when emergencies arise.
- Experience with radio communications
- Computer skills- skilled in various email platforms, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc
- Familiarity with heavy road equipment: graders, backhoes, tractors, etc
- Familiarity with Crawford County road systems: state, county, town, etc.
- Familiarity with Crawford County Floor Plains.
- Experience with grant writing and grant applications preferred.
- Familiarity with Law Enforcement, Fire & Rescue, EMS, Emergency and non-emergency dispatching
- Applicants must possess a valid Indiana Driver’s License and be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Applicant is to perform duties in a standard office environment as well as throughout the county and at various emergency scenes.
- Applicant understands that in addition to regularly scheduled and extended hours, he/she may be expected to travel out of town for meeting/training, which could include overnight stays.
- Applicant must be willing to do a background check and drug test.
- Job Duties are subject to change at the direction of the Crawford County Commissioners.
If there should be any questions, contact Morton Dale 812-596-1388
*FULL-TIME HIGHWAY CLERK
Crawford County Highway is seeking one full-time highway clerk, who will serve as Office Manager for the Highway Department. Applicant must be willing to attend training and receive any certification that is required, including ERC certification. Application must possess strong computer skills, especially in Microsoft Word & Excel programs, that are essential for data entry. Employee benefits would include health, life, and vision insurance and enrollment in PERF. Employee must submit to drug testing and back ground-check prior to employment. High school diploma, GED or equivalent is required. Applications can be obtained in the Highway Department located at 717 E. State Rd 64, English, IN 47118 and must be returned to the Highway Department office. If any applicants have submitted an application that extends beyond 60 days, a new application must be resubmitted. The deadline to return applications is December 9, 2022 by 3:00pm. References required.
-Crawford County Commissioners