The Community Foundation of Crawford County (CFCC) is pleased to announce that the Milltown United Methodist Church Fund has distributed its first grants to the community.
When the church voted to close, its members decided to form a Donor Advised Fund in addition to a Scholarship Fund to benefit the people surrounding its former presence in Milltown. The congregation had set up a couple of humanitarian funds within its budget and wanted those efforts to continue. Christine Harbeson, CFCC’s executive director said, “This is a very unique approach to a church’s closing and the CFCC was happy to work with them to make their philanthropic dreams continue. We are not aware of another church closing and using this method to continue its good works. We know generations of people will benefit from their wise stewardship and planning.”
The Scholarship Fund has already made two distributions. Listed below are the first distributions for the Donor-Advised fund knowns as the Milltown United Methodist Church Fund totaling almost $5,000.
These donations are meant to reflect the good works of the church and it people while it was in operation. Most of these organizations received support from the church when it was in operation.
- Crawford County United Ministries for General Support
- English Food Pantry, Operations for General Support
- Purdue Extension of Crawford County for the 4-H program
- Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church for Roof Repair
- Kosair Charities Committee for Crawford & Harrison County Direct Support
- Salvation Army, Crawford County Direct Support
- 4:34 Ministries/The Macy House for the needs of children served in honor of Ann’s Angels of Hope
- Norton Foundation Inc/Norton Children’s Hospital in honor of Milltown American Legion for Crawford & Harrison County Support
- Milltown Christian Church for Summer/Youth Program Expenses
- Crawford County Indiana Veteran’s Memorial Association, Inc. to benefit Southern Indiana Veteran Living and Rehabilitation Facility in Crawford County, IN
- Boys and Girls Club Serving Crawford County
- East Elementary, Milltown, IN to help with Children’s unmet needs and an additional allotment for the Star Tree
- West Elementary, Eckerty, IN to help with Children’s unmet needs and an additional allotment for the Star Tree
- South Elementary, Leavenworth, IN to help with Children’s unmet needs and an additional allotment for the Star Tree
The Community Foundation of Crawford County was founded in April 1998 by a volunteer Board of Directors that represented a variety of interests in Crawford County. To date, the CFCC has awarded almost $8 million in grants for programs/projects supporting Crawford County children and youth, education, housing, health, and human services, the environment, technology advancements, literacy, and the arts, and has awarded more than $2 million in scholarships benefiting Crawford County students. The CFCC currently manages more than 90 charitable funds on behalf of families, individuals, corporations, and non-profit organizations. Contact Christine Harbeson at firstname.lastname@example.org or
(812) 365-2900 if you would like to set up a fund or make a donation to one of the many charitable funds that benefit our community.